Leading Trucking News - Award Winning - FreightWaves The Nerve Center of the Global Supply Chain
- The Log Book: XPO driver reaches company safe-driving milestoneby Grace Sharkey on October 1, 2022 at 7:12 pm
This week: XPO driver reaches 4 million safe driving miles, Walmart opens a new facility in Illinois and donates to local charities and Getir donates over 80,000 pounds of food to nonprofits.
- EEOC sues flatbed carrier Gypsum Express for sex discriminationby Eric Kulisch on October 1, 2022 at 4:49 pm
The federal agency that enforces laws against workplace discrimination has sued a New York-based trucking company for not hiring females.
- Prosecution rests in Nikola founder Trevor Milton’s fraud trialby Alan Adler on September 30, 2022 at 10:41 pm
Prosecutors rested their federal fraud case against Nikola founder Trevor Milton on Friday after three weeks.
- KeyBanc warns investors of a ‘trucking winter’ amid anemic economic conditionsby Rachel Premack on September 30, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Analysts are predicting that carriers won’t experience a typical peak season. That’s bad news for the trucking industry.
- Daseke announces share buyback following activist’s encouragementby Todd Maiden on September 30, 2022 at 5:38 pm
Flatbed carrier Daseke said Friday it would repurchase $40 million in stock, following an April request from an activist investor to do so.
- Pennsylvania trucking companies file for bankruptcyby Clarissa Hawes on September 30, 2022 at 4:54 pm
McClellan Trucking and Duran Transfer, which contract with the U.S. Postal Service to haul mail, have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Daimler Truck CEO Martin Daum tells it like he sees itby Alan Adler on September 30, 2022 at 4:47 pm
Daimler Truck CEO Martin Daum has strong opinions on cabovers versus conventional trucks, fuel cells and other issues.
- DOT issues truck parking handbook for local plannersby John Gallagher on September 30, 2022 at 3:35 pm
A new 80-page handbook from DOT gives local planners detailed information for planning and designing truck parking facilities.
- Federal Trade Commission joining independent contractor fray by John Kingston on September 30, 2022 at 1:31 am
The Federal Trade Commission plans on getting involved in questions of independent contractor status.
- OOIDA calls on Biden to end US border vaccine mandateby Noi Mahoney on September 29, 2022 at 9:15 pm
The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association has asked for a halt to the U.S. border vaccine mandate.
- Your ‘chassis deal’ – and terms – may be costing youby Ashley Coker on September 29, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Steamship lines sometimes offer an included chassis for trucking companies. Similarly, non-vessel operating common carriers sometimes offer a chassis program linked to the chassis pools for their carrier partners. While these offers may sound attractive, is a typical “chassis deal” really a deal at all?
- FMCSA considering 5-year ‘special’ waiver for propane haulersby John Gallagher on September 29, 2022 at 6:04 pm
Federal regulators are considering loosening driver work-rule restrictions for propane haulers during periods of peak consumer demand.