Leading Trucking News - Award Winning - FreightWaves The #1 Source for Navigating the Freight Markets. Like the best things in life, our articles are free.
- Top-heavy inventory hits Walmart, Target and other retailers’ shares, carrier demandby Mark Solomon on May 20, 2022 at 9:10 pm
Truckers will need to be patient as retailers burn through their buffer stock.
- 6th person pleads guilty in $1.4M scam against Texas trucking companiesby Noi Mahoney on May 20, 2022 at 6:59 pm
Six people have pleaded guilty in the theft of $1.4 million from San Antonio-based carriers Texas Chrome Transport and MJR Truck Lines.
- Meritor buying Siemens electric propulsion businessby Alan Adler on May 20, 2022 at 4:10 pm
Meritor’s $201 million purchase of Siemens’ electric propulsion unit is fine with Meritor suitor Cummins.
- ‘Better pay — and?’ Money isn’t everything to high-quality driversby Jack Glenn on May 20, 2022 at 3:30 pm
The best way to keep your drivers satisfied is to know what they want.
- Truck Tech: Down Under charging editionby Alan Adler on May 20, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Australia's Tritium is making a charge in U.S. market with a move into direct current fast charging for electric trucks.
- Senators demand gun shipment stats from trucking, rail companies following shootingsby John Gallagher on May 20, 2022 at 1:45 pm
In the wake of the latest deadly shootings, Democratic lawmakers urge carriers to tighten firearm security measures.
- Drilling Deep: Cutting off cellphone use while drivingby John Kingston on May 20, 2022 at 1:15 pm
Distracted driving is a problem. The product offered by NoCell is designed to reduce it, but there is some resistance.
- Ice cream truck owner fights hunger 1 scoop at a timeby Clarissa Hawes on May 20, 2022 at 11:00 am
As thousands of exhibitors and attendees convened in Northwest Arkansas last week, many were introduced to Coleman Warren and the business he founded, Simple+Sweet Creamery, to fight child hunger.
- LGT Transport acquires Nebraska liquid fertilizer transporterby Noi Mahoney on May 19, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Omaha-based LGT Transport announced it has acquired Jason Thomas Trucking, a provider of liquid fertilizer transportation in the Midwest.
- Large carriers still seeing strong demand midway through Q2by Todd Maiden on May 19, 2022 at 8:31 pm
Freight demand trends in a softening market continue to be bifurcated with large fleets remaining unscathed so far.
- FOSC22 Day 2: Tech, recruiting and market cyclesby Timothy Dooner on May 19, 2022 at 6:23 pm
WTT live from #FOSC22 with guests from SkyBitz; Shipwell; Primo; Kargo; Kingsgate Logistics and more cowbell
- Used truck auction prices slipping but still historically highby Alan Adler on May 19, 2022 at 6:08 pm
Used truck auction prices started to ease in April as freight demand slowed, but they remain more than twice as expensive as a year ago.